View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #129
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

I'm pretty proud of this one. I don't have a slip roll, so here's what I came up with. I used the slap hammer to be kind to the metal and took my time and got an incredible fit. I even made my wife come out in the garage and see (as if she was interested). This patch I want to be really good because this is the one that'll be right in front of my nose.

I've also switched to the rounded-corners method of fitting my patches. I read on metalmeet that what it does for you is avoids chasing the edge and this made sense to me and seems to work pretty well (like when you weld up to the edge of a panel and get that semi-circle burn hole). It means I have to stop short of the corners with the cutoff wheel and switch to the air saw, but isn't too much more work. I'm still working on learning the art of planishing my welds with the hammer and dolly afterwards, but I'll get there.

I ended the weekend with a little planning, next up will be making this steering column indentation look like it was never there:

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler

Last edited by BlueJeep; 05-22-2011 at 11:55 PM.
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote