View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #118
The Rocknrod

Re: Why do you live where you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
People from California can pretty much be the Ugly Americans of America, especially if they just sold a house they purchased in the '50s for $12k and got $1M for it and are buying a home out of state for retirement. Thing is, many people in California are all up about the law, and when they move somewhere else they lawyer up about stuff that people in those other states don't even care about. I saw it happen when I lived in Idaho back in the mid-'70s. I've lived in California for 57 of my 65 years. I've seen some crazy stuff. I've known kids in high school (in the '60s) whose parents made a living by suing people, even back then.
That's no lie. I live in a little community in Texas we have a online program called Neighborhood or something. One of the lady's from California who moved here got on line telling people how "we" have to stop the use of pesticides on the corn fields in the area. Someone asked her if she has talked to any local farmers and of course she hadnt. She was all about starting trouble where none existed.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote