View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #3
BlueJeep

Re: 1950 Chevy panel with IFS project

You'd probably be happy with any QUALITY IFS setup. I'd avoid the cheaper ones, and research the things people complain about and steer clear of those. Example, if you go Mustang 2 route, avoid the "traditional" style of upper control arm mounts and look for one that uses shims instead of the slots for arm adjustability.

If you wait a little bit, I believe Porterbuilt is close to having their line for the AD trucks. They typically base everything off C10 (fullsize) components vs. the industry standard mustang spindles.

Other than brake size, the front probably won't have a significant impact on the towing. I'd think with a good rear axle and suspension, you'd be fine towing the flatbed trailer. I don't think you could reasonably tow the 22' enclosed trailer though, for many reasons. My 22' enclosed trailer weighs 3750 lbs empty, that's one reason. The other reason is your wheelbase is too short, and the trailer could very easily push the back of the truck around, and that gets very un-nerving.

This of course assumes your panel is a 3100 panel and not a 3800 panel, that changes things significantly if that's what you have.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote