Thread: Bed Rail Covers
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 12:09 AM   #1
dagnabbitt

Bed Rail Covers

My lil 81 SWB (build thread below) had a vinyl tonneau cover on it when I bought it, and the previous owner glued down the velcro that it adhered to with some sort of yellow glue. I'm having to grind it off with a wire wheel, and I was really disappointed because the paint is not great on this truck, but it's not that bad either. The velcro flopped in the wind for a a couple years, now it is gone and metal and primer is showing. I didn't want to have to paint this truck, I don't care about paint much, but I really hate rust, too.

Then I remembered a popular "bolt on" from my youth, chrome bedrail covers. Well I couldn't find any for a long time and was starting to think I imagined them, or that I was hopelessly stranded in the eighties while living in the twenty twenties.

I finally found a set from ICI, link below. And they are not chrome, but stainless. I chose the smooth ones, although they do come in a diamond plate pattern.

Received them today and I have to say they look pretty good, they come with the 3M tape already on the underside. I will install them this weekend and post some pics for anyone interested.

https://www.icionline.com/truck-bed-cap-protectors
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote