View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: D60 Front Brake Upgrade

Not really.... I got a spare factory bracket two days ago and started to cut and modify. It looks like there are some interference issues. I had exchanged the Dodge rotor for a Chevy rotor because the offset was too deep to use with the factory bracket. I have since picked up another Dodge rotor so I have both to check fitment. I have also ordered a 2009 Dodge 2500/3500 caliper. The Chevy caliper does not fit the Dodge rotor because of overall diameter.... Right now I need some one to waterjet or CNC cut a 3/8" straight bracket...

Here is the factory bracket with one of the ears cut off...

Here is the Chevy rotor and caliper bracket ....

I did pick up a Astro/Safari Hydroboost unit as well as one from a 2005 GMC 3500 truck. I am glad to report that they are interchangable between the two as far as mounting goes. One difference is the Astro has a single keyway where the newer unit has dual keyways. The Astro also has a smaller diameter hole for the master cylinder compared to the GMC 3500. The Astro HB shold support the late 70's Corvette MC for disc/disc brakes. I am using the 05 hydroboost w/ MC and have the Astro/Safari unit in the For Sale section. My goal was to establish if CaptainFab's brackets will work on the newer hydra boost and it does....

Here is a link to the CaptainFab bracket... CLICK HERE

here is a pic of the Astro/Safari hydroboost

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE

Last edited by mcmlxix; 05-26-2011 at 12:25 AM.
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote