View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #14
Kim57

Re: Help-Hood problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Ok, I know nothing about your build, but I will tell you, from my experience, the lengthening of the hood is the whole issue. First off, the pivot angle didn't change. The distance from the hinge pivot point to the rear of the hood is what changed.

You "fixed" the wrong thing, you "fixed" the correct part and what was making the hood gap too large was left unfixed. Why was the gap large, it wasn't large from the factory, what changed that? What ever changed it is what SHOULD HAVE been corrected. I am thinking the rad support was modified or the mounting of the rad support was modified dropping the front of the fenders down, which brought the back of the hood forward.

THAT is what needs to be corrected, you modified the hood and that is the problem.

Brian
Rad support hasn't been modified and the fenders were mounted so the body lines match what is on the doors going straight and not angled down.
The hood has been sectioned at the front but I made sure the rear ws where it was supposed to be.
Did it with the hood mounted and tack welded to the fenders.
I know I did something wrong just not sure what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I want to elaborate on what I said a bit. The pivot angle off the hinge has stayed the same. The distance the hood raise or drops as it goes up at the cowl stayed the same while the length of the hood is further back. THUS the distance at the tip raises or drops differently, and it's now hitting.

I don't believe there is a thing you can do outside of making the hood tilt forward, or starting over and correcting the original problem and shortening the hood back to stock length.

Brian
You may be right about starting over. Going to do everything I can to avoid that.
I wouldn't think a 1/4" would make that much difference as there is more adjustment in the hinges than that.
Thanks for your input.
Kim