View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
TR65

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Conversion 1965C10

Quote:
what keeps the bolt in place with the elongated hole now? Can't it move around in such a big hole? Why did you choose to make a new hole in the first place? Wouldn't the factory hole give you the precise original throw?

thanks for the help, just got a T 56

- Dan
Hey Dan,

No problem with the elongated hole just tighten the bolt sufficiently. I had to elongate the hole due to my mistake so I hope somebody else can avoid that.

I am driving the clutch cylinder from the left side of the pedal. The factory mechanical clutch goes thru the pedal mount pivot and drives a lever arm on the right side of the pedal. So there is no factory hole for what I am doing.

By the way, the T56 shifter is way back and would come up under the bench seat of our trucks. If you have buckets it can work. You can move the shifter position which is what I did. (It is a major undertaking though)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=300892

Quote:
This may seem like a goofy question but how/where do you get a slave cylinder on which you mount to the actual clutch?
(from what i have tried to read up on was the slave cylinder is called a hydraulic throwout bearing? ) Is that what the slave is??

I see you wrote you got a slave from an 2005 model something... some pics of that setup would be great as I would really like to put a hydraulic clutch on my older muncie transission...

thanks!
Zammer,

The T56 uses a center push slave cylinder that mounts around the input shaft of the tranny. The transmission needs to be made for that.

Shannon's setup looks sweet for a traditional style clutch slave!!

I would think that you could also use the factory hydraulic slave setup that was used on the older trucks.

TR

LS2 Swap Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413880
TR65 is offline   Reply With Quote