View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Well I don't really consider air bags pro-touring material in general. I have a rear 4th gen f-body sway bar. A popular modification for the pro-touring guys is to actually use a trailing arm suspension setup (aka truckarms).

I don't know what exactly my options are in the front. That will require some research/developement. I'm going to have to take some measurements of the stock suspension and see what can be done to possibly improve on them (maybe raise the upper control arm mount, use a different spindle, get corvette suspension, or just make my own control arms.

Also, I'm going to use rear disks brakes (probably a factory type setup) I'll also upgrade to larger front disks.

I haven't really looked into it a lot, but I may also run a hydroboost setup on the MC.

The actual goal of the truck is to outperform a Ford Lightning in all catagories (acceleration, handling, fuel economy, etc.). I know those trucks are fairly quick from the factory, but for a factory truck, they handle very well too.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote