View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Now to wiring. Since I haven't had the truck at the new place to work on, I grabbed my box of wiring to work on. I stripped every single wire out of the s10, so that I could re-use as much as I wanted. I'm going to use all the s10 headlight and taillight circuits, as well as the majority of the underdash and underhood wiring. I've stripped out stuff I didn't want like airbag, ABS, and daytime running lights. This s10 didn't have many options, so that did make it a little cleaner with no power windows, locks, or A/C wires to delete. My future plans include Vintage air, so I looked up the install instructions on their website to see what I would need to keep, and got rid of the rest of the wires from the heater circuit too. When I'm done, it should be pretty clean and fairly basic, and since it's all factory s10 wiring future diagnosis should be pretty easy too. On to the pictures.

Here's the harness from inside the cab, mostly stripped down:

The garbage can of "removed" wires:

airbag wires are easy to spot, they're wrapped in yellow tape:

And lasty, the fuse panel from the s10. If anyone has a 95ish s10, I'm trying to chase down what the circled items in red are for. A fuse fits in them, so I'm assuming they're circuits that weren't used in my s10, but I'm not entirely sure...and I no longer have that little plastic cover with the labels for all the fuses....

This brings me about current. As I get more done, I'll add more to this thread. My plan is to get it running and driving soon after the snow melts. I will have it driveable and John Deere blitz black by the 4th of July, where I plan to take it to Goodguys in Des Moines!

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler

Last edited by BlueJeep; 02-03-2010 at 10:52 PM.
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote