View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 03:29 AM   #119
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: New to me 1972 K5

Sunday Update:

Started by bending a few brake line pieces... then I messud up and went out an bought some more.... moving on ....

When Russ showed up we installed a new rear crossmember to replace the factory one bent like a Z. Unbolted the old one and welded in a pices of 2x4 heavy wall box tubing. Dont cringe, but I cut off the rear frame horns too.... Well I didn't, I made Russ do it.... I just couldn't.... I'll have a custom bumper on the back anyway. I think I want to cap the farme rails from driver side to passenger side for a more finished look... but maybe just skipit as the bumber will be right there anyway...

After the new crossmember was installed, we mocked up the tank. We were making a front crossmember for the tank and I was cleaning the frame rail to weld it when .....

The tank fell off the stand from about 5ft in the air... hit the floor ... put a dent in the back of the tank... and destroyed the OEM GM Fuel Pump assembly.... It's 80% plastic and the force just shattered it. So now I have to spend $250 for a new pump... FML!

At this point I just celaned up a few tools, turned off the lights and left...

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote