Old 04-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #4133
Advanced Design

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
Very nice truck
Even better description
https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6550323859.html
It is not new, it is not pristine, and it's used.

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and ***** a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bull**** job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you own a Justin Bieber album, white Oakley's, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid ****:
Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fence line do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
Do you have Jalopnik saved on your laptop AND smartphone?
Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: THIS IS YOUR CAR.

DETAILS:

Here's the deal, kids:
This is a 1971 C/10 with a 454 engine backed by a TH400 neck snapping transmission. This is not a luxury sports car, or a maintenance-free disposable import. It has crank windows, wind noise, and character.

-I don't know how many have owned this C/10. First owner probably barely got it dirty.
-I have remedied this excessive caretaking with having a pile of fun.
-The HP rating? I don't know, I'm not collecting statistical analysis points.
This is a classic piece of art that is a bad ass MOFO.

QUESTIONS:
-Why are you selling?
I can't justify owning it anymore. Motorsickles, kiddos, work, travel, and beer have consumed my time and money and it's time to move on to a new project.
Someone else needs to appreciate it for what it is: awesome piece of mechanical artistry.

What's wrong with it?
It needs to be driven and appreciated and it's pissed it has been neglected. It needs love.

Will you sell me the [engine / tranny / rear door / axle / etc.]?
No. I'm not in the salvage business. Buy the truck. Love the truck, Give the truck, a home.

Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number] Want a cheap truck? Get your kid that lowered tuner piece of **** Honda project down the road.
I think I'm plenty cheap for this bad MOFO.

Would this make a good car for my daughter?

Hell. Yes. Not only a good car, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance.

Can you deliver?
No. But really, you should come. Look it over. Have a beer. Etc.

Will you take a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?
Would you take a ball pein-hammer to the forehead?
No. I'll take Cash. Period. Bring cash or don't show.

Will you ship to -?
No but I will work with your shipper.

No, really, all I have is [lowball dollar amount]?
That's great, I don't give a ****. UNICEF ain't running this deal, and until they do I want $32,000 or a reasonable offer.

Why? Because I don't HAVE to sell this little beauty. Truth be known, I'd rather keep it.
But if it's going to a good home - I will sell. Unless you're an asshole - then no sale.

Why are you such a dick?
Everything is relative; you should see my friends!!!!

Now with all that said, let's get to the description of this beast.

This stunning garage kept 1971 Chevrolet C/10 is a beautiful show quality truck. The body is arrow straight. All chrome and stainless moldings are in great shape along with all glass and weather stripping. The interior has been finished in a beautiful black and white hounds tooth seat cover, factory rear sliding window, A/C cab, tilt steering wheel. All lights, factory and aftermarket gauges work properly as well. The drive train consist of a ground pounding Mark IV 454 backed by a purpose built turbo 400 automatic transmission, 12 bolt posi-trac rear axle with a 3.73 gear ratio. The truck is also equipped with factory power steering and power disc brakes and sits on Intro Twisted Vista II 18x10 and 18x8 billet wheels. This C/10 is truly a ground pounding head turning beast ready for your local parking lot scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaSZhmIXlBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvyTJ0dLaec

Truck Is Sold As Is No Warranty Or Returns.

All funds must clear my bank before the truck can be picked up. This truck is currently financed through Pacific Mercantile Bank, a Barrett Jackson preferred lender.

No joy riders or tire kickers. Buyer Is Responsible For all shipping costs and arrangements. I Can Assist With Loading.