View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: windshield wiper pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino0217 View Post
Gonna try again. This a pic of the pump for my 71 C10. It looks like it's stock for this truck. With these two wires to start with, would i go positive to the fuse box and negative to the wiper motor?
Ah, that is not the stock washer pump, that is an aftermarket pump or a pump from another type of vehicle. The stock washer pump is part of the windshield wiper motor under the dash. You can use that pump and wire it in with a toggle switch, or it can be wired into the dash mounted washer button on the windshield wiper switch. To wire it with a toggle switch you would run the red wire to a toggle, then from the toggle to the fuse box and the black wire to a ground anywhere.

To wire it into the stock switch look at the picture I posted in post #5 above. You have to unplug the brown connector, put extensions on the red and black wires on the external pump that you have, with male spade terminals on the ends. Solder all splices and use some heat shrink tubing on them. Plug the red wire into the connector with the yellow wires and plug the black wire into the connector with the Dark Blue wire. With the key on the external pump should now work with the push button on the original wiper switch. The nice thing about doing it this way is that it already has a fuse in the circuit. I would wrap the connector with a piece of electrical tape.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-26-2018 at 11:04 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote