View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #253
The Rocknrod

Re: 1965 1/2 C10 Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty531 View Post
Yes the Main studs came with the Block.
We looked at the Cam and could not find any numbers? Where should we look?
Truck is 66 although i said 65 as i received it in 65. Sorry for the confusion.
Rollers came from factory as i have owned since new and engine has never been opened. Fremont Drag strip was next door to factory and perhaps this was something they were building to test and it got in this truck. Crazy but i guess i will never know how it happened.
The "machinist" could not find the numbers on the cam? I couldn't either if the cam doesn't exist.
Stop saying roller came from the factory, this is a fallacy that didnt exhist from GM at the time = Impossible! Only ones available were aftermarket from Iskandarian (read that again slowly).
Quite sure that GM didnt build and test engines at fremont (Detroit or Flint, but not fremont).
Quote:
Thank you for all the info.
The Machine shop calls it a 4 bolt due to the screws in the middle of the bolts. This could be wrong info? No Rollers shown as the originals were thrown away. I know i will be torn apart for this but a third party was doing the engine work and had no idea what he had at the time. I would give my right arm to have them.
As i said before i have owned the Truck since new and the engine has never been apart so it had to come from the factory. We talked to someone who worked at the Fremont Plant during the 60's and he believes that this could have happened. He said they were building engines on the side in the factory and this could have explained this situation. Whatever it looks like i will never get to the bottom of this but i thank all for trying to help. The Truck will be kept in the family and passed down. We will enjoy having it.
Now a 3rd party - Threw away he evidence? Do we get a 4th party next when we want to see the cam?
Building engines "on the side" is not GM testing factory prototypes, besides the engine was built in Flint, MI - Not Fremont!
You can't get to the bottom of something that doesnt exhist.
Quote:
You are close enough to come and see for yourself.
What would he see? A stock motor built in Flint, MI?????
That's what you have!