View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #1005
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Dave from Hollister Road Company shipped in the fill tubing and the fill pipe. They are really nice pieces with beaded ends. Dave even took the time to paint them.

Once I saw the elbow I knew it would be too tall to clear the floor. I emailed Dave and asked if he could ship me a rubber elbow like the one pictured. This was on Saturday while I was helping a friend with an LS install in a 66 Pontiac wagon. Dave emailed back in just a few minutes and said he could ship me a rubber elbow, or I could mark the steel elbow where it needed to be, ship it to him and he would cut and re-bead it. Instead of making a sale, Dave provided me the solution when he emailed me the link to the beading tool he uses. I ordered the tool...any excuse for a cool tool....and will change it myself. Dave is awesome.

Started setting up the mounting for the tank and I am basically copying what Dave did with the red truck he had a build thread on.

I think we have good positioning up / down / fore / aft / left / right and a plan for the mounting. Little tie down straps were useful for suspending the tank to figure out the mounting. Plan to get back to that next week end.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote