View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #9
bluex

Re: NV3500 Install in a 78 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
On the flywheel... I have a generic 1st gen crate 350. When I looked up flywheels for a 1972 350 the LUK one didn't come up (I think they make good stuff, I'd like to use that one.) Will it work on the older 350's? GM didn't go to a one piece rear main until like 1985?

Where did you get the bolts for the pressure plate?

Also, can I use my 700R starter, or do I need a different one, and what would I "get one" for?
As far as I know you should be ok with the flywheel I listed as that that is a mulit year replacement engine. I see the LUK one isnt listed under a 72 but the others listed under a 72 are also listed under a 78 so I think you would be ok to use the same one I did.

The pressure plate bolts I had with the clutch setup I tried to use originally, I just used them again. You could pick up a set at oriellys, one of the greenville stores was the only one that had them local, on Laurens RD I think.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...re+plate+bolts

The starter needs to be a stagered bolt pattern 168 tooth to fit the flywheel. As long as you have a 168 tooth flexplate (which you probably do) then the starter you have should work just fine. Alternatively if you wanted you could go to a starter off a 96 and up vortec 305/350 for a factory mini high torque starter, which is what I did. I have an extra one of those that I was trying to sell when I thought I could use the 153 tooth flywheel if you need one.

Last edited by bluex; 08-08-2016 at 12:32 PM.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote