View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #18
notsolo

Re: 72 C20 Miss Olive

Kevin, Not sure about the ridge, 1000 grit paper is a safe bet small hard sanding block would do.I use 1/4 vinyl mud flap, stiff but flexible. Mine was metallic so anything after the base went on was fix and re shoot. Depending on how thin the clear is 1.5 tip might work pretty good. Getting the clear as smooth as possible saves a ton of elbow grease when and if your going to cut and buff. I need to work on my cut and buff skills. I gave up after about 10hrs wet sanding and said good enough... I'm going for the 3rd time's the charm on motor trans comb. last 6 months I am working on 5.7 TBI swap out of a 1993 Caprice wagon, Whole drive train, rebuilt exhaust, Boyd aluminum gas tank. Howell stand alone harness. Just about done with the wiring, reused the OEM in tank fuel pump, made a locking plate to hold the O ring. Would like to get closer to 20 mpg. 350 with a Saginaw 3 speed was getting about 10 mpg with 373 in the rear....502 might do better on mpg? gas is still cheap... this week... Have Fun in Vegas...Ed.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote