View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Bigblocks '77 truck

OK, figured I would get a buld thread going for my "new to me" 77 C10. This will be a VERY slow moving thread, as I only work on it when I have the time and motivation to do so...not to mention this is at the bottom of the list of things I HAVE to get done (behind the family, house, and my '73 rebuild).

Picked up this '77 from a used car lot in 2008, I was looking for something that wasn't too nice, and something I could use to make hardware store runs in as well as house/yard maintenance.

The truck is powered by an almighty 250 inline six, and backed by a th350 transmission that slips until it gets warmed up. The entire body has had "repairs" done to it over time, including partially installed floor pans, cab corners/rockers, rear pillars, different bed, one new fender, doors are messed up, hood is shot, and the drivers window didn't go up/down all the way....just to name a few things. While that might be enough to scare away most people, I love these trucks, and actually had most of the parts at home to fix or repair these areas...waiting for new life on another truck.

Plans for the truck are as follows:
Exterior will be a two tone, pastel blue with a white roof, with some mild pinstriping. I am going for a retro low buck look. Interior will be blue, 81-87, removed from the '90 Suburban I parted out. Truck will be static dropped, 5/6 or so, wheels will be steel with chrome centers. I am keeping it straight six powered, but will be using a 292 instead of the 250. I will also be fuel injecting it, and running a 200r4. Things may change along the way, but that is the plan as of 2009.

Anyhow, enough background on the truck...here are some pictures of it the day I brought it home.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigblock73; 11-12-2010 at 04:54 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote