View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #114
JRANGER

Re: 1967 Mustang Coupe Build (Electra)

Well yesterday was interesting.... Went to Harbor freight and bought a few tools i always need. Socket set, regular wrenches, rotary tool set, cut off discs, and some sand paper.

I decided I would do some small stuff on the stang even though my knee has been irritated since going back to work but I couldn't stay still. I installed some crappy stock speakers out of my cobalt in the rear to replace the completely blown out Kenwood speakers. Nothing special but i wired them up correctly unlike the Kenwood speakers and even though one is kinda blown i have music! So I decided to take her for a drive. Started to push the clutch down and POP! The clutch goes to the floor and doesn't come back up. ERG WTF! I though i just screwed something up or broke something major. After doing a little goggling and not finding anything I decided to look under the dash. A small coddle pin broke and the pedal was just separated from the push rod. So initially I put it back in and bent it but i was a little worried about it. Luckily the guy up the road i met off the mustang forums said he though he had one and to come grab it. Cool guy!!! He actually is a member of this site but hasnt been on in years! Does some great work too!!!! He is actually putting up his 69 Chevy for sale. Its pretty nice too!!!

This morning I got back to it! I pull out the dash pad(Which came out in pieces), removed the cluster, and just checked some other stuff out. There are some cut wires and some wires that just need to be covered. I was happy to see that the dash wasnt rusted out under the dash pad. I was kind of worried since the windshield leaks a bit and the other 67 I checked out in ATL was rusted out like crazy.
Attached Images

JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote