View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #220
shearjs

Re: Project: Rufus Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Hey no sweat, I've been drilling the heck out of my fresh paint.... j/k it's some scary stuff to drill into virgin paint. I have to build my confidence up and triple check everything first.

I have a few questions, are you running 6-1/2 or 7" rallies on the front and 8" on the rear? What size tires front and rear? Where did you order them? I really like your setup and may run the same on mine.
Thanks
You're exactly right. I think I'll keep the trim pieces laying around in case I build up the confidence later on. The front rallies are 6-1/2" and the rears are 8". I had a difficult time finding 7's, as most people do I guess. Tires are 225/70-15 front, and 275/60-15 rear. We did have to clearance the upper and lower control arms a little for the 6-1/2" wheels due to some rubbing. I've been considering some tubular control arms at some point, but that'll probably wait for now. Here's the thread that I used for trimming the control arms. Overall I've been happy with it so far. Hope this helps. Your ride is looking killer by the way!
shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote