View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #223
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Project: Rufus Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by shearjs View Post
You're exactly right. I think I'll keep the trim pieces laying around in case I build up the confidence later on. The front rallies are 6-1/2" and the rears are 8". I had a difficult time finding 7's, as most people do I guess. Tires are 225/70-15 front, and 275/60-15 rear. We did have to clearance the upper and lower control arms a little for the 6-1/2" wheels due to some rubbing. I've been considering some tubular control arms at some point, but that'll probably wait for now. Here's the thread that I used for trimming the control arms. Overall I've been happy with it so far. Hope this helps. Your ride is looking killer by the way!
Thanks Jason, I had already nailed down the rear. I dig the 275-60 just wasn't sure about the front. My fronts are 6.5 as well. Where did you find the best deal on the tires?

I have already ground my control arms for the 8" rallies. But after looking at the link I'm assuming I'll have to do more for the narrower rims? I haven't trimmed any off the bump stop mount yet either. I haven't ever tried turning lock to lock with wheels mounted.
Thanks again.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote