View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #64
msgross

Re: 68 K-10 SWB build thread - project Money Pit...pics galore!

After the front springs were added I was ready to bolt in the Corp10 front axle. I had a nice Dana44 but it had 3.08's and I needed 3.73's. Instead of paying $200+ to set up my old gears I found a corp10 from an 82 K-10 from a local board member and only paid $20 (thanks 67 dually). Little did I know the differences between the dana and corp axles. If you search my threads I have a detailed post on the differences.

So today I picked up a seal for the front diff and got the cover bolted down. I still need to pick up some new needle bearings and seals for the spindles. Need to install new U-joints in the axle shafts (since dana's don't work!) and its ready for the ceramic break pads and new calipers...

We are now at the present build even though I skipped a lot of my parts hunting expeditions. You will see those as I start installing them....

My goal is to have the rolling chassis out of my rented shop by the end of the month. I need to clean up the engine, tranny and TC then weld by axle perches and start moving everything back home...
Attached Images

1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote