View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #50
argonaut

Re: 66 4x4 my sons new project

Put the doors and bed on today and took a few photos. Didn't get a chance to tweak anything so none of the body is aligned properly yet. Also I thought the front end would come down more when I put the engine and trans and transfer case in. However it still *looks* like the back end is lower than the front. Maybe it is just perfectly level and it is an optical illusion. Today I had the thought that maybe the replacement Rancho springs up front have a little lift to them. On the other hand it might just be that the rears are sagging after 45 years of hard abuse.

Cut the spot welds out of the donor upper high hump and set it and the lower high hump section in place in the cab and bolted them together. The little spot weld cutter from harbor freight worked really well. I'll definitely use it again when I replace the many rusted out floor panels. I'm even thinking of doing a complete floor swap...

I am wondering if all the high humps have circular holes for the transfer case shifter like mine. I always thought it would be more of an elongated hole based on the swing of the shifter. Does anyone have any other examples/photos?

My dad brought over my front and rear driveshafts too. One less thing I need to hunt down.

I think I also solved my problem of not being able to afford the dog dish hub caps I was looking for. I have one pair, and I just realized that my Dad might have another pair in his collection of various truck parts that he is always adding to I guess I won't be able to tease him about his "bone yard" anymore!

1972 K5 Blazer CST, Turquoise
1966 K20 Short Fleet Pickup, Big Ugly
1964 C10 Short Fleet, Gertrude

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
1996 Ford Bronco XLT
1980 Jeep Wagoneer

2008 Honda CBR1000RR
2005 Honda RC51
1981 Honda CB750C

No dis-assemble Johnny Five! No dis-assemble!

Last edited by argonaut; 01-16-2012 at 04:31 AM.
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote