Thread: Our barn find
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #187
Advanced Design

Re: Our barn find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy'O View Post
I’ve seen others in this location too but for some reason it concerns me. Have you had any issue with the elements, mainly water? Would you mind posting a pic? Thank you Doug.
Wayne, I didn't forget your request. Yesterday I finally got the 56 out an on the lift. I didn't pull the close out panel down as it is a real bugger to get in and out. Basically we made a couple of straps and strapped over the PCM, bolting the PCM down to the panel. Nothing fancy, just functional. There was one PCM failure at about 1,500 miles. Now up to 5,000 miles with no problems.

I also took a couple pics of the oil pan too. The Holley pans weren't out yet so I modified an F car pan. The deep cut back on the sump is because the center link moves back almost that much when turning. Yeah, I know the drain sticking straight down is a risk and kinda goofy.

So, I had a used Holley 302-1 pan and checked for fit. If the engine was up in the front another inch or if I notched the center crossmember a bit it will work. Pretty sure the 302-2 pan's sump will contact the center link when turning.

Hope you all are doing well! Any wagon updates?
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote