View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #34
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Testing Windshield Wiper Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjburk View Post
I recently bought a new two speed wiper for my 67 gmc and it worked fine when I tested it before install. Ever since I put it in it will not work. I do not have the washer motor on the wiper motor because I didn't think it mattered and I checked the voltage and there is 12 volts everywhere in the circuit all the way to the wires that plug into the switch. The only thing I haven't done is tested the switch with an ohm meter because I do not know how. Could you please explain exactly what you mean by that i do have a dmm so I can if i know how. And any other suggestions to try are welcome

The washer would not make a difference as long as all of the original wiring was there... Is the switch installed in the dash and the nut tightened up? It has to be to work because that is where the circuit gets it's ground. As far as testing the switch, unplug the connector from the switch and set the meter to the lowest ohm setting, which should be 20k ohm. Turn the wiper switch to the low position and touch one of the leads to the switch body and the other lead to one or the other of the connectors. You should get a reading when you touch the low speed connector (I can't remember which is which). Then turn the switch to the high setting and touch the other connector you should get a reading. In the off position you should not get a reading.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 02-02-2014 at 10:04 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote