View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 02:08 PM   #9
Advanced Design

Re: 67 to be sold after restroation completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by partzpal View Post
I've decided to go with an LS and sell the engine and tranny in the truck. I picked up a 5.3/4l60. I've read thru numerous threads and completely confused myself due to the number of options available therefore I need some direction. I know the answer to my questions is on the site but asking again.....

1.Is there a conversion kit that comes with everything(ecm, mounting, wire harness, headers or good manifolds, cam shaft, radiator, fans, etc) needed from install to turning the key?
2. Economical cam shaft, new or used?
3.Which a/c system is the best bang for the buck.
4. Cheapest route for rear disc and posi rearend.
5. Anyone near Pulaski TN who does the swaps?

I've got the truck ready to paint there than pulling the cab for clean up beneath and paint. The cab was removed some 15 years ago so I don't foresee any hidden issues. Thanks again in advance.
Great truck! Love it and will be tagging along. My thoughts for what they are worth.

1. Not that I’ve seen. There are probably those that have done enough swaps they could put together their own conversion kit. It seems each builder has their favored vendors,
2. If there is nothing wrong with the 5.3, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock cam. The engines run strong in the trucks they came in. Love the stock 5.3 in my 56.
3. I like Vintage Air.
4. I will defer to someone with more knowledge.
5. Friend of mine here has completed many, though it looks to be 6 hours or so from you. Sending PM with another idea.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote