View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #7
The Rocknrod

Re: LED Doesnt Work Incandescent Does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
Just checking....you do know that a regular bulb will light up either way the wires are hooked. (Not polarity sensitive) just because it lights with the wires the same direction as the led ....does not mean the polarity is correct. The quickest and easiest test is to reverse the wires on the socket. If that does not work check it is making good connection on the ground. Only other thing to check is if you have a true 12+volts. A regular bulb will light with very little current , many leds will not. They are built for a specific voltage/current flow.
The same voltage shown in post #3 is used on the sockets in the truck, thats an LED being lit in post #3 with the same power used on the truck to light an incandescent. Also I bumped up the amps on the truck just to make sure.
I checked polarity from the socket + and - to the fuse/ground panel. It's dead on, ground to ground, power to power, not switched there. I'm stumped. All I can think of is the little tabs arent making contact well enough in the American Autowire socket on the LED bulbs from China. Not that you can even buy them made in America so thats a mute argument.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote