View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 09:48 PM   #21
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Here's one of those puzzling questions...Has anyone else gone through the effort to install a key/lock mechanism on the third door??? The PO did...not sure why...and not only do I not have the key (does not match the rest of the vehicle), it seems to have made manually unlocking the door a real joy...(sarcasm)! I have to use both hands to lift the locking stem when I want the door to open??? I have not looked into what to do to reverse the process or make any adjustments so that I can lift the knob more easily...but I'm going to have to do something! Any thoughts?

Woody

See if you can see the latch and lock by rolling down the window on the 3rd door and shining a good strong flashlight into the door at the back of the glass. If you can get a penetrating oil nozzle down in there and spray the back of the lock cylinder and door latch it may solve your problem.

If the ignition/door key will physically slide into the 3rd door lock cylinder I can key it the same as the other locks on the truck. If it were me I would leave it if you can get it working.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-07-2020 at 09:54 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote