View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #86
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Today I scored some parts for Bruiser. I got a gas tank from a 2000 Trans Am with the fuel pump. I saw another guy on here have one mounted up, so hopefully it will work well and solves a couple of issues.....blazer tank is awfully close to the ground and I need a baffled fuel tank...and a fuel pump. Best part is it was only $50.

Then I went and got a F-body oil pan since the truck oil pan is too close to the ground for my likings.

While I was at the guy's house with the oil pan, I asked about the LS1 block he had sitting there. Basically he bent a connecting rod, so he swapped in an LS6 into his T/A. So I got the LS1 block for $165. It'll take a little work to get it up and running, but I just added .4L and lost about 100 pounds!

For the time being, I'm going to keep the 5.3L in the truck until I get it up and running so that I can easily trouble shoot any wiring issues. In the mean time I'm going to work on repairing and building up the LS1. I already contacted another guy about a set of stock pistons and con rods. I'll put in new rod bolts, a different cam and we'll see what else. I don't know if I'll get a set of aftermarket ported heads or just go with a set of stockers for now and the same with an intake manifold. I'll throw on a new set of rings and make sure the rest of the block looks good. The crank may also need a little work too.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote