View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #109
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: I Picked This Up Yesterday

-
Windshield is out and it looks like I have a couple of small places to fix. Drivers side is the worst and I can see why it rusted out, there is a small drain hole (actually a small slit) in the dash, just to the left of the rusted area and when they filled the body seam with seam sealer they filled the drain too. The moisture couldn't get out and just sat there. I got around the edges of the opening all cleaned up after I took the pics.

I have most of the dash sanded but I have a couple of decisions to make before I can paint it.. I want to put a backup camera in the truck and the most convenient place would be in the dash. It has been cut for a different radio but not one of the new style ones. I have a Boss 5" Widescreen, touch screen radio that is camera ready but I don't know if the screen will be big enough to be used as a backup camera screen or not. With as many modifications as this truck has had done to it I'm not at all concerned with modifying the dash.

I think I will paint the whole dash with regular paint then just coat the top of the dash with a flat or semi-gloss clear coat to dull it down.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 02-19-2015 at 09:06 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote