View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #92
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 1970 GMC Suburban... for the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickup67man View Post
My welder has been out of gas since November (even though I have lots of gas). I used lots of doors to make one phantom door. I used the rear of a passenger door for the front of the new door for the body lines. I used the rear of a drivers door for the rear of the new door. Multiple window frames to build the new window frame. I found 2 rusted out suburban doors for FREE for the window frames. I have 2 FREE cabs for the door jamb parts. Wife doesn't like back yard right now. Not to mention the other complete truck for the front sheetmetal. I have been collecting parts for 6 years now.
Yeah, I am looking for a right door so the contour of the 4th door matches the rear of the drivers door... then I will see how many more doors I will end up needing

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynardtruckin View Post
thats cool truck your buddy has but glad your back to work on your door. o and love the computer!
Once the CUCV is done I will be working on finishing a 14 bolt too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
great job and beautiful pics why is a ford bed doing dog washing?
Cuz it couldn't cut it as a pick-up, so it had to go into doing something else with it's life. Seems like it found its niche! Come on, you knew if you could have a pick-up box for a bath tub you would be all over it!

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote