View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #103
JRANGER

Re: Your Favorite Budget MODs ($50)

Tired of the gauges messing up because of the connection so I Built a new wiring harness for the gauge cluster. At the same time i didnt want to hack the harness in case this harness ever went bad

What you need:
Extra Cluster for cutting
Hot Glue Gun
Solder Gun
20 pin PC ATX Extension
Molex® Crimp Terminals 08-50-0134 CONNECTOR
A Test light and 12v power source (If you like to test everything like me)

So Basically the trick is pull back the fil a bit and solder your wires to the circuit board. I cut my ATX extension in half and soldered it down. Made sure all the connections were not touching and hot glued that baby in place. I then ran 12v to each wire and tested the board to verify connection. Success

Then I built my adapter with the other end. I cut the connector out of my spare harness and followed the stains to drill holes on the top and into the sides of the connection. I then used molex connectors to put in the holes to put my connections in place. once the connectors were in place I hot glued them in to hold them firm and keep the wires from moving and touching each other...

Its a slow process but ultimately i think its worth never having to worry about my connections on my cluster screwing up lol

JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote