View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
tjsblazer

Re: Products from Inline Tube: what have you tried for Your K5?

Pete, I used a full set of Inline tube product for my 72 K5. You can see some in my build thread or if you have a specific thing you want to see I can get pictures for you. I used their stainless version of Brake, Fuel, and Vapour/canister lines. The vapour cannister lines they sent me that mount on the frame along the rh side of the tank were wrong. They sent the wrong product but I will say once I contacted them, they made it right on their dime including shipping so in the end I don't have any issues with them. If was also a year later from the time I had bought them before I was using them and realized the issue. They didn't care about the long timeframe. They didn't say sorry but 30 days is up.

I also used their Stainless PKB cable set. It was spot on. Problem is my truck sits about 2" higher and with the custom ORD/Alcan springs the axle has a lot more travel. It made the rear cables too short but that is my issue not Inline. The product would fit a stock ride height truck. They are going to send me a new set 3" longer. I of course have to pay but their turnaround on custom stuff once I confirm the length I need they told me is only about 1 week.

All sets seem to pretty much match what I removed when I laid them side by side on the floor but you definitely have to tweak them here and there when installing. No doubt about that. But I installed all of my lines by myself (except the 2 along the rear axle which I just haven't put on yet) in about 2 hours so it didn't require that much work.

I have read of others on this forum having a lot more issues than me but I think more on earlier years. I don't think I have heard too much wrong with the '72 set.

Let me know if you want any other pictures.

What do you mean about your rear lines being siamesed?

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote