View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
swb85
On a budget like Fred Sanford

Project BACK IN BLACK

I took 3 weeks off before starting my new job last week, so I decided it was time to freshen up the daily driver. It was rusty as hell, the truck was full of bondo from a PO maaco job, and paint was peeling off the hood/roof......it was in dire need of some TLC. So I had 15 days to thrash on it in my lil two car garage. I put new inner/outer cab corners and rockers, two new doors, new bed, several patches for rusty spots, new windshield, all new rubber, all new trim...yada yada...and then painted it satin black. I was pressed for time so didn't take a lot of pics, but here's what I took.

(before pics are a few yrs old & hide the rot really well):

and.......DONE. Only thing left to do is spray in the bed liner, but I haven't decided who's materials I want to use yet. Hopefully get that done in a couple weeks. The bumpers look like hell now compared to the rest of the truck, so they'll get redone this spring when I tackle the interior refresh......and then the final touch will be some 15x10 corvette rallies. And maybe a tko 5 speed to replace the muncie. And maybe a lil nitrous. I'm sick. :|

Last edited by swb85; 10-25-2010 at 11:34 AM.
swb85 is offline   Reply With Quote