View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #180
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: I Picked This Up Yesterday

-
Well, Pat and I had pretty much an uneventful 590 mile trip with the Panel until we got 7 miles from home.... Running I-80 at 70-75 mph through Iowa and pulled off at our exit, bumped the brights on and when I got down close to the stop sign I turned the turn signal on to turn right and POOF, everything shut down and I mean EVERYTHING! Engine quit, all of the lights went out, no power steering, and no power brakes. Luckily there were street lights at the intersection so I could see to pull off to the side. Got out my trouble light and started checking things out. Well, it seems that in my infinite wisdom I had powered everything in the electrical system through a 10ga wire with a 30 amp fuse..... DUH!!! I made sure everything was turned off, put the lights back on dim, replaced the fuse and made it the rest of the way home. Looks like I will have to go back to the drawing board on this one and figure out how to split things up. Just glad it didn't happen on the interstate at 70 mph...

We had a great time at the All Truck Nationals in KC, MO. Met up with some old friends and made some new ones.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-14-2015 at 11:01 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote