View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #26
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Project: NO-LIFE,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell72 View Post
Keith, the truck looks awesome! Everything is right on, the staggered wheel size, the center caps, the tire sizes, and the fact that the front wheels don't stick out further than the rears. I wish more people would take time planning things before throwing parts on. Excellent job my friend.
Thanks alot.

This truck will eventually be a 5-lug truck like I had originally planned. My 71 rearend ended up being junk. (too much money to justify rebuilding for this truck)
I have a certain set of wheels in mind for it that require it to be 5-lug.
As soon as I can find a cheap rearend the 6-lug wheels will come off.

(my "pet peeve",... it the track width of these trucks not being addressed when selecting wheels)
I had originally planned 15x7's and 15x10's to help pull the rear wheels out to the edge of the fender wells, to match the front.
I've had this assortment of parts for quite a while,... waiting for the right truck to come along.
I'm determined to keep it a low buck project.
The first thing out of most peoples mouths is, "When are you going to paint it?" They don't understand when I say "never".
I want a truck to drive, haul junk, and use. This ones perfect. It just needs a little more work. Someday the blazer will get a frame off. But really,... it's just a beater too.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote