The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
britnjc

Project Pocket Change 1955 Chevy 1st series

Well here we go again. I sold my first AD truck I built back in March and have been looking for another project the past few weeks. Low and behold my mother in law told me she was behind a barn in their families home place and found a "BIG TRUCK". Me having a one track mind all i could think about what was this old big truck she was talking about. The next time I was in town I went looking and guess what i found? Another AD I was pumped until I got to looking at all the rot. So I went back home disapointed and began to mull over just parting it out. After a few days I began to convince myselt it wasnt as bad as I thought. I talked to a few board members that began to give me home with some of the major parts I was going to need. One it the beltline that seems like it is going to be a booger to replace, and the other is lack of frame. Thanks to layedoutsonoma and xpickup on thestwo issues. I plan to either make my own bed or get an old one around my parents house that is off a 60's chevy and modify it to fit. So if you followed my first build I did the s10 swap but I plan to take a different route with this one. I plan on being very cost effective with this build, as we are expecting baby #3 any day. I will have zero cost in the cab hood and front clip. So enough of talking lets start another build.
britnjc is offline   Reply With Quote