The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
mongocanfly
Post Whore

and yet again

another school shooting.........
what is wrong with people these days?....
words cant describe it....
prayers for all.....
its a sad world we live in today......

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
Boog
laying low

Re: and yet again

Such lunacy used to be heard of from the other side of the world. People, it's here! Today's killer used a shotgun and 38 revolver and had several types of bombs too. He killed innocent others but didn't have the courage to take his own life. He surrendered.
I am afraid some day our schools will look more like penitentiaries with tall fences and guards to help keep the children safe. I don't advocate banning all guns and even if they did they would never get them all but I agree something needs to be done.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

These kids usually have been bullied by their peers. A little less of that I think would go a long way towards helping. That and locking up the guns, and not giving people who are mentally unstable ready access to guns. BTW, I am a card-carrying NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, and own several guns.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
Grumpy old man

Our prayers go out to all the families affected by another senseless act , Sadly it won't be the last time we will have to endure these type of attacks on children by children . Yes , A 17 year old just doesn't have the mental capacity to comprehend the consequences .Does anyone think they have spent the time to realize life in prison would be their best outcome ? Or maybe they just think they can hit the reset button and everything will be fine just as it is on their video games ? If your kid buys a "Born to kill" t shirt and wears a black duster to school daily in TX heat , Maybe it's past time for someone to take a good look at what the hell is going on ? Surely the parents must be blind ? And honestly shouldn't the teachers have seen something happening with these kids who they spend more time with than the kids own family? Do you really know exactly what's being taught to your kids in today's schools on a daily basis ? I mean riots happening at colleges almost weekly ? Start expelling the entitled college trouble makers and that will stop quick ! Has everyone just lost their minds ?
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
davischevy

I don't know what the answer is but my oldest daughter wanted to be a teacher from the time she started school.

She got a Masters Degree in Business Technology and started teaching eighth and ninth graders. She taught 6 years and hung it up.

Two things go to her. Way too many of the little darlings would not behave but The thing that got to her the most was the kids that would live by themselves days at a time without seeing a parent. They would confide in her and she let it get to her.

I contend this medium we are taking advantage of right here is giving these unattended kids an alternate world that becomes real to them. It's not that simple, but folks the world we grew up in is gone, never to return.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
Peanutbutter
Account Suspended

I'm in my mid sixties, I goy my 22 single shot at about 12 years old. We didn't have video games.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #7
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Our prayers go out to all the families affected by another senseless act , Sadly it won't be the last time we will have to endure these type of attacks on children by children . Yes , A 17 year old just doesn't have the mental capacity to comprehend the consequences .Does anyone think they have spent the time to realize life in prison would be their best outcome ? Or maybe they just think they can hit the reset button and everything will be fine just as it is on their video games ? If your kid buys a "Born to kill" t shirt and wears a black duster to school daily in TX heat , Maybe it's past time for someone to take a good look at what the hell is going on ? Surely the parents must be blind ? And honestly shouldn't the teachers have seen something happening with these kids who they spend more time with than the kids own family? Do you really know exactly what's being taught to your kids in today's schools on a daily basis ? I mean riots happening at colleges almost weekly ? Start expelling the entitled college trouble makers and that will stop quick ! Has everyone just lost their minds ?
Common sense is not that common Grumpy.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

They play video games where they blow people's brains out and others keep stepping up to have theirs blown out. If they get theirs blown out they hit a button and get back up to kill more. But that couldn't possibly have anything to do with any of this, right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #9
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
They play video games where they blow people's brains out and others keep stepping up to have theirs blown out. If they get theirs blown out they hit a button and get back up to kill more. But that couldn't possibly have anything to do with any of this, right?
And what about the increase in very graphic violence in TV, movies, books, music, and so forth?

Plus they know they're going to be famous if they pull it off. The media gives them exactly what they want.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:20 PM   #10
yuccales

[QUOTE=Grumpy old man;8263745] If your kid buys a "Born to kill" t shirt and wears a black duster to school daily in TX heat , Maybe it's past time for someone to take a good look at what the hell is going on ? Surely the parents must be blind .[QUOTE]

This would be a start for sure.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

I think people are at least somewhat on to obvious telltales like Born To Kill t-shirts or anyne walking into schools looking like the Columbine killers. The problem is the sicko doesn't always wave a flag. The danger is in what's in their head, so behavior is the most important factor...and that is not always so obvious to detect. It would help if all parents could get back to spending at least enough time with their kids to know them. Seriously, many parents have their own vision of who their kids are while not actually knowing what changes they have been through. Kids with parents who are bad or abusive to them learn to hide thoughts, not share them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #12
yuccales

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It would help if all parents could get back to spending at least enough time with their kids to know them.
Agreed. Lot of kids out here living in "happy" two parent households still raising themselves.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #13
Coley

Wink Re: and yet again

Well a tragedy for sure.
With respect to the trail of reasons there is increasing a lot of things that should be seriously investigated for the public more thoroughly without a doubt.
7 out of the last 10 high school shooters came from single parent households, particularly single mom households....usually not a good thing at all for the kids statistically. Not a popular fact tho' for obvious reasons.

As well, if you drilled down you would probably see that all these kid/shooters were avid video gamers of shooter games...which, in my opinion, is no way to spend 2-3 hours a day or more, every day of your life.

As for the parenting.....well, generally it is been on quite a down turn for a while it seems in terms of parents taking the job seriously for what it is should be essentially rooted in. The purpose of it is being lost on a weekly basis it seems.

Sad event either way tho'.....and somehow somethings got to give in all of this...hopefully knowledge and change will come about.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:28 PM   #14
The Rocknrod

Wow :0
Hordes Of Teen Thugs Terrorize Neighborhood in “Knock Out Style” Attacks.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #15
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Kids cant handle life these days. They either kill themselves or others..

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #16
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Many reasons for it. Starts at home, poor environments. From there it's our school system, who pamper kids for risk they might say something offensive. They certainly can't take a paddle to their behinds like they did in my day. Heck no, lawyers and govt. institutions prevent it. Everyone is a snowflake, so special, they're entitled and blah blah blah, yack yack yack yack yack.

Add misdirection of all things, which has become a practice of a certain side of center, all while their media feeds us propaganda 24-7. Right is wrong, up is down, men are chicks etc. It's not your fault you shot up the school. You're just misunderstood, and it's the NRA's fault.

Add poor role models, lack of accountability and respect. We're a long ways from the greatest generation, each one is progressively worse. We become weaker everyday, both physically, and especially mentally. Most people no longer have the capacity to solve problems, a throw away/service society. Many don't work, lazy and accomplish nothing. Yet food drops on their plate regardless. Basic animal functions regressing. Obesity, disability, mental illness and pharmaceuticals on the rise.

Multi-culturism plays a role. Certainly said party's attack on ALL traditional values plays a role. Go figure the same week of the shooting said party defends MS-13. Add gadgets and the web, which dehumanizes people compromising normal behavior and appreciation for what's real, right and important. These gadgets are up everyone's ass 24-7. How many kids today have heard of kick-ball or know what a fishing reel is?

Hollywood plays a role, they generally produce trash now. Go figure with a wealth of technology you can't even hear what the actors are saying a lot of the time. Doesn't matter how many times you rewind. Somehow that wasn't a problem beforehand, I don't get it. Mindless cowardly junk. Special effects and partisan crap takes the place of substance and the basics.

Our deterrents suck man. In my world a murderer is a murderer. They've got no rights if the evidence supports it. Today we put them on death row for decades. They can't even come up with a concoction to kill someone properly because "can't do this, can't do that, doesn't work". Evidence supported they should be hung within a week, Texas school shooter meets the standard too. What's a rope cost? Proven pedophiles should lose their johnsons, pretty simple and so effective.

Hence school shootings. Not saying I'm one of them, but there are some people who believe many of these slaughters are deep state coordinated.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 05-20-2018 at 06:07 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #17
davischevy

I wonder how many of these little quacks are on legal drugs?

If a kid goes to the doctor with any kind of problem the doctors put them on some kind of mind numbing drug.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #18
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I wonder how many of these little quacks are on legal drugs?

If a kid goes to the doctor with any kind of problem the doctors put them on some kind of mind numbing drug.
They tried that BS on me in the 70s, because I was declared "hyper-active" aka ADD, OKA I didn't give a (*()*. I took one script for maybe a month, some speedy stuff and I kind of liked it, go figure. Then they prescribed something else, I took one pill and vomited bight green (sorry) for a day and a half. Then they recommended half a dose, and I still vomited bight green for a day and a half. That was the last time I took their drugs.

At the end of the day most prescribed drugs are an excuse, or rather a band aid on an excuse making things worse. It's quite a racket.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old 05-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #19
Coley

Hyper activity (alleged) and the endless resulting ADHD diagnosis are some of the most over prescribed maladies around these days....particularly for young boys and male teens.
The use of Ritalin is having poor long term effects on these kids in all kinds of ways.
It has also been linked to the data that shows that testosterone has decreased 40% in males since the 1950's....go figure.
Young males and boys are supposed to be very active due to their nature but for some reason their energy levels are colliding with over parenting which is constantly trying to prevent them from leaving Mom's side and view.

I think that the younger generation is getting a lot of heat and blame for something that rests solely on the shoulders of their parents who have bought into the 'fear' around every corner marketed to them by the media.

The results are clearly not working so well....in my opinion.
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
davischevy

I have 4 and 5 year old grandson's.

The older one belongs to my older daughter, the younger to the younger daughter.

When the younger one started eating "real" food he started exhibiting symptoms of autism.

My younger daughter started researching the symptoms and ran on to a food additive made from annatto (https://www.bing.com/search?q=annatto&FORM=AWRE). The boy would zone out, his ears and cheeks would turn red and he would beat his head against anything around. He pulls his shoes and socks off and won't let anybody touch him.

She started searching for foods with no annatto and virtually every thing we eat has the crap in it. If it says all natural, it has annatto. She developed a diet for him sans annatto and the boy is as normal as can be when he doesn't have the stuff in his system. She can tell immediately when she picks him up from school if he has been in someone else's lunch box.

I'm am guessing lots of kids being treated for autism are allergic to this crap, annatto.

The older one is hyperactive.

In her research she found that red dye affected him. My older daughter pulled the red dye from the hyperactive boys diet and guess what. he calmed right down. The teachers cooperated with the red dye effort and started trying to serve snacks to all the kids in his class with no red dye.

They told my daughter that 75% of the class calmed down when they pulled the red dye.

My point in all this rhetoric is that it's the sh#t we eat and feed our kids that is a lot of the behavior problem. Then the pills just numb their little minds to the world.

Last edited by davischevy; 05-21-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:

The older one belongs to my older daughter, the younger to the younger daughter.

When the younger one started eating "real" food he started exhibiting symptoms of autism.

My younger daughter started researching the symptoms and ran on to a food additive made from annatto (https://www.bing.com/search?q=annatto&FORM=AWRE). The boy would zone out, his ears and cheeks would turn red and he would beat his head against anything around. He pulls his shoes and socks off and won't let anybody touch him.

She started searching for foods with no annatto and virtually every thing we eat has the crap in it. If it says all natural, it has annatto. She developed a diet for him sans annatto and the boy is as normal as can be when he doesn't have the stuff in his system. She can tell immediately when she picks him up from school if he has been in someone else's lunch box.

I'm am guessing lots of kids being treated for autism are allergic to this crap, annatto.

In her research she found that red dye affected him. My older daughter pulled the red dye from the hyperactive boys diet and guess what. he calmed right down. The teachers cooperated with the red dye effort and started trying to serve snacks to all the kids in his class with no red dye.

They told my daughter that 75% of the class calmed down when they pulled the red dye.

My point in all this rhetoric is that it's the sh#t we eat and feed our kids that is a lot of the behavior problem. Then the pills just numb their little minds to the world.
VERY interesting
Old 05-21-2018, 02:18 PM   #22
jeffahart

And it's the red and yellow that they mix to get the appetizing looking golden brown color.

My grandmother told me that when she was a little girl, when they tarred the highways, they used to grab the tar and suck on it because it was sweet. They were rural farmers and didn't make it to town much. So the road crew was kind of a candy store for them. I said that sounded dangerous, and she was lucky she didn't get sick or worse. She said, yes they should have packaged it and advertised it as healthy. Oh wait, they did! She continued with her consumption of artificial sweeteners till she died at 95 years old.

j
Old 05-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #23
davischevy

Artificial sweetners are what my daughter buys for the boy because they don't have Annatto.

He can usually have cheap candy because it has artificial ingredients.. She can't buy food at the health food store because it is "All Natural" which means annatto.

When we are in public, especially at restaurants, my daughter will see kid start acting up and say "If they only knew" because she is so familiar with the symptoms. But most parents would rather give the kid a pill.

One discovery we made was Andy's Frozen Custard. It apparently doesn't have Annatto. He can consume that at lightening speed. he can eat the crispy chicken strips at Chick-Fill-A and DQ, but not the grilled strips or the fries. Dimetapp sends him up the wall.

Like I said, my point in this rhetoric is some of the crap we feed our kids causes the behavioral problems.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #24
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Progress may not always be good...

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #25
70STOVEBOLT

Quote:

I agree, something in the "food" we eat, everything is processed in some fashion or another.

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks
Sniper EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23 lowered 2" front & rear