The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2022, 02:48 AM   #1
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

Why do some people feel the need to open there mouth

So I put up an add to try and sell my mini bike. 1st thing I got was the old pic didn’t show the right carb. Ok sorry about that my bad. Then I get how this bike was part of a safety recall that is not true and I have proof of. It goes on and on
Don’t people remember what there moms said about “ if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” ???????? If your not interested keep on scrolling. I hate trying to sell things on social media.
“People, sometimes I’m ashamed to be one “

Thanks for letting me Rant
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:09 AM   #2
A.Delaney

Re: Why do some people feel the need to open there mouth

Social media has created this world of everything is everyone’s business. People can’t get out of bed in the morning without talking about it. Just try to ignore the keyboard cowboys and only respond to someone seriously interested in what your selling.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:42 AM   #3
dieseldawg142

it's amazing what people will say online, but would never say it to ya in person...
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:47 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Where is this thing known as class? It used to matter to people to have some. Class is not about how rich you are or having fancy things, it's about what comes from inside of anyone and perceived by everyone. Might come natural for some who were taught right by their parents, for others it may take some self-checking. Thinking before speaking does wonders for that.

So why would a person mess up a sale like that? Do they feel they are the protector of society or just a numbnut who speaks before thinking? No need to answer that, right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-07-2022 at 07:45 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #5
dave6672

Exactly. When my Dad would see someone act in a certain way (disrespectful, thoughtless, selfish, etc.) he would just say "Low class". I find myself saying it a lot lately, especially with people on anything media-related (TV, internet, etc.).

Not to be political, but showing up on my Facebook feed is some politician running for office next year in my congressional district. I looked into who they were (which was a mistake because now I get their ads all the time) but I was trying to educate myself concerning who to vote for. Recently they put up a photoshopped picture of a KY personalized license plate that had the letters "FJB" on it, and stated "Look, my new license plate arrived!". It was on one of the KY plates that also says at the bottom "In God we Trust". I've never commented before on FB, but did for the first time. My comment was "Low Class".

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:46 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

I agree. Only offer such views when asked for. And to all members, we aren't asking here.

What was stated in the original post is our credo here, "If you don't have anything good to say, move on".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #7
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
it's amazing what people will say online, but would never say it to ya in person...
Exactly, because they'd get punched in the face if they did say that.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #8
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
Yes Sir! I'm a high school math teacher who does not do facebook. My wife does, and other teachers do, and I'm told of some pretty wild criticism that myself & other people I work with get from some parents......but then when you see them, they are just as nice and "Hey, how are you" and "Merry Christmas" to your face.

F-in' cowards if you ask me!
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:04 AM   #9
67C10Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Yes Sir! I'm a high school math teacher who does not do facebook. My wife does, and other teachers do, and I'm told of some pretty wild criticism that myself & other people I work with get from some parents......but then when you see them, they are just as nice and "Hey, how are you" and "Merry Christmas" to your face.

F-in' cowards if you ask me!
My wife and I had facebook for about 6 months in 2020. Figured out it was a total waste of time (other than the marketplace at times). Too many prim donna, Einsteins who just have to comment on everything. Plus, 90% of our "friends" I didn't have their private number and would not eat dinner with them. That's not a friend.

I've often told my wife when I see and adult acting the fool that the reason they do that as an adult is because they didn't get their rear lit up or smashed in the mouth for it as a kid.

Although, my daughter did by me a sign that said: "If people could read my mind I'd get punched in the face a lot..." She understands me very well.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #10
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

One of the reason's I don't sell a lot of stuff. I either keep it, toss it, or donate it most of the time.

People just like feeling right, and the only place they can guarantee that is online. Make up whatever you want, talk smack, no repercussions. I've also found a lot of people say stupid crap, like the recall, to try to get you down on price. Like, "oh my, you're so right, how awful of me to sell this dangerous thing, here's half off".

Buying stuff isn't much fun anymore either. I recently purchased a Jeep TJ. Most of the ones I looked at, or wanted to look at, sold in less than 24 hours, or I'd go 4-5 hours round trip to look at one and it was crap, or drove like crap... and pretty much every seller I talked to refused to budge on price. I walked away from at least 3. Just weren't worth it. Every one of them was "I'll get my price tomorrow" and I'm sure they did... just not from me. Also, I wasn't looking at cheap ones, these SOB's were in the 12-14K range
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 01-07-2022 at 11:35 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #11
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
My wife and I had facebook for about 6 months in 2020. Figured out it was a total waste of time (other than the marketplace at times). Too many prim donna, Einsteins who just have to comment on everything. Plus, 90% of our "friends" I didn't have their private number and would not eat dinner with them. That's not a friend.

I've often told my wife when I see and adult acting the fool that the reason they do that as an adult is because they didn't get their rear lit up or smashed in the mouth for it as a kid.

Although, my daughter did by me a sign that said: "If people could read my mind I'd get punched in the face a lot..." She understands me very well.
I kinda got that same vibe from you.

On a kindof funny note......a crazy loud mouth Mom of one of my students criticized me because her kid didn't get the grade she thought she should have. So basically, Mom put out there that she didn't want her kid in my class anymore...."who else is with me?" sort of thing. The High School Principal & Counselor were notified of this before I was, and to make a long story short, the kid was removed from my class and put on a laptop computer so she can do her geometry virtually. Yep, she's the ONLY kid doing it that way and she has no one to share answers with & copy off of now. Mom wanted an A......kid was happy with her high B in my class.....now she'll be lucky to make a C virtually because of Mom's comments. Oh well, it is what it is.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #12
Sheepdip

Other than this Forum I do not do any social media, no facebook, no snap chat, twitter, tik tok, none of it.

"Anyone who thinks social media is their friend... is sadly mistaken"

Getting back to 70 CST's original post, I just parted out an old Jeep and I put the transmission, transfer case on Craigslist, guy calls "will you take $XXX"?
My answer was "If you show up we will talk about it" He did show, and we negotiated a deal.
Sheepdip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #13
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

I was good with the guy that pointed out the old picture showing the wrong carb.
Then of course you have the Low Ballers. But The guy who responded with this huge post on mini bike recalls totally ruined any chance of a sale.
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Other than this Forum I do not do any social media, no facebook, no snap chat, twitter, tik tok, none of it.

"Anyone who thinks social media is their friend... is sadly mistaken"

Getting back to 70 CST's original post, I just parted out an old Jeep and I put the transmission, transfer case on Craigslist, guy calls "will you take $XXX"?
My answer was "If you show up we will talk about it" He did show, and we negotiated a deal.
That's what I kept getting when I was selling my '71 Wrecker, "What's your best price on that?". I'd say, "I think I'm asking it. I price to sell. Come and look it over, then tell me why I should take any less". I got tired of all that and took the ad down. I waited and put it back up for 30% more and a serious buyer from Buffalo, NY sent me a deposit, came down with a trailer, and paid my full asking price. I wasn't asking enough, so all the flippers smelled money and tried to go for more profit. Didn't work

Tim

Old 01-07-2022, 03:35 PM   #15
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
One of the reason's I don't sell a lot of stuff. I either keep it, toss it, or donate it most of the time.

People just like feeling right, and the only place they can guarantee that is online. Make up whatever you want, talk smack, no repercussions. I've also found a lot of people say stupid crap, like the recall, to try to get you down on price. Like, "oh my, you're so right, how awful of me to sell this dangerous thing, here's half off".

Buying stuff isn't much fun anymore either. I recently purchased a Jeep TJ. Most of the ones I looked at, or wanted to look at, sold in less than 24 hours, or I'd go 4-5 hours round trip to look at one and it was crap, or drove like crap... and pretty much every seller I talked to refused to budge on price. I walked away from at least 3. Just weren't worth it. Every one of them was "I'll get my price tomorrow" and I'm sure they did... just not from me. Also, I wasn't looking at cheap ones, these SOB's were in the 12-14K range
Jeep's aren't cheap. I paid more for my Jeep than the Corvette. And the Corvette wasn't cheap.

And it is hard to find one that someone hasn't beat the living snot out of. Just like trucks. They're also pricy and lots are beat to death and sellers still want a lot of money for them.

I am always skeptical when purchasing something, so I understand a buyer being skeptical. I fall into that camp as well. But there is a line between being skeptical, asking questions, or being a lowballing jerk. Buyer or seller, you a bound to get a jerk sometimes.

Like Tim, I price my things for what I believe is a fair price, and I'm willing to negotiate a little. Just don't call or email me throwing low numbers at me. That won't work. And as far as insulting the things you are selling online. I call BS on that one. I don't consider them to be a legitimate buyer and won't respond. But they do annoy me as well.

I also prefer to meet face to face. Or in my case face to my ugly face.

I recently sold a car for a friend of mine. He's getting up in years and doesn't have a computer and he refuses to get one. He's a stubborn old guy. (We all know one)

So. I sold the car in one day. To a very nice guy that collects Texaco stuff.
I had a big old Texaco sign in the garage and he throws me a good offer on it. SOLD! It was big and taking up space.

Sooo. My wife gets home and I tell her that I sold the car and the sign.

She glares at me and says. "You sold the sign that I bought you for your Birthday?'

Oops. I kinda forgot about that. Time to make some room in the ole doghouse. Move over Rover. Daddy's in trouble again .

She's still pizzed about that. And you wonder why I don't sell stuff?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:48 PM   #16
Rich84

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's what I kept getting when I was selling my '71 Wrecker, "What's your best price on that?". I'd say, "I think I'm asking it. I price to sell. Come and look it over, then tell me why I should take any less". I got tired of all that and took the ad down. I waited and put it back up for 30% more and a serious buyer from Buffalo, NY sent me a deposit, came down with a trailer, and paid my full asking price. I wasn't asking enough, so all the flippers smelled money and tried to go for more profit. Didn't work
My wife started a little side business selling stuff on marketplace. When something was not selling after a long while she would raise the price. Boom! sold almost instantly. Interesting marketing strategy.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:11 PM   #17
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post

So. I sold the car in one day. To a very nice guy that collects Texaco stuff.
I had a big old Texaco sign in the garage and he throws me a good offer on it. SOLD! It was big and taking up space.

Sooo. My wife gets home and I tell her that I sold the car and the sign.

She glares at me and says. "You sold the sign that I bought you for your Birthday?'

Oops. I kinda forgot about that. Time to make some room in the ole doghouse. Move over Rover. Daddy's in trouble again .

She's still pizzed about that. And you wonder why I don't sell stuff?

Real question is... did you get more than she paid?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:54 PM   #18
special-K
Special Order

That's kind of funny, but actually sad. I feel for you, Paul. I'm sure she got over it when you told her, "It was just taking up space... uh, honey??"

Tim

Old 01-07-2022, 11:31 PM   #19
davischevy

The old saying "It's better to keep your mouth shut, and appear stupid, than open it, and remove all doubt." comes to mind. The WWW seems to spawn stupidity.

On another note, I keep thinking it would be a hoot to drive out to California and have a drink with Paul's wife. I'll bet she has some stories.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:27 AM   #20
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
The old saying "It's better to keep your mouth shut, and appear stupid, than open it, and remove all doubt." comes to mind. The WWW seems to spawn stupidity.

On another note, I keep thinking it would be a hoot to drive out to California and have a drink with Paul's wife. I'll bet she has some stories.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:42 AM   #21
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:

That’s no joke! Either she has a great sense of humor or she’s got a ton of grey hair
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:17 AM   #22
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:

Which wife? I've got a few to pick from.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:57 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

No no no. You know exactly who we mean. You have one wife and you have some ex-wives.

I have no wife and one ex-wife. It took me a little while to realize there was a vividly clear and absolute line drawn the day the divorce was final. Even though she was gone from me a few years, she was still my wife (the grey area). From that day forward, always my ex-wife... unless I got brain damaged and married her again

Other Larry, I figure Paul's wife has great job security. She's probably a good nurse, has a nice personality, and all that. But her entertainment value is priceless, with all the tales from home she brings

Tim

Old 01-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #24
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:

Better be careful, she might make bring him home with you!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #25
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I think the internet age has turned a large part of the population into critics. You have good critics and then you have the I'm smarter than everyone critics.

Everything you buy asks for you to please give them a rating. Receipts from store and fast food places want you to take a survey (rate). We are watching a British series on Netflix and after each episode they want you to rate the episode.

Rate this, check that so we can give you better suggestions on what you need to see or eat or wear.

I see reviews all the time with four stars and you read the review ... Ive never used this but I know someone that loves it. I just got it today and havent tried it but I just know it will be great. I dont have this but its such a cool whatever I give it four stars.

Its a weird time in history for sure.