The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
The Big Green

Help on bagging 67swb chevy.

I know I want to buy from SuicideDoors. I want the Slam RE7's,7gal tank, and 1/2in lines. I not so sure on the rest. I don't want a 4link or anything, just a budget setup for now but something I can keep upgrading. I want the rear bags to go in place of the coils, with a notch. I don't want to upgrade everything later, so I want the bags, tank, and compressor the be done with for a while.

Any suggestions on other parts that would be good? A 7gal tank that could mount under the bed and out of sight? Good compressor, Viair maybe, but which one with the line and tank it make it come up fast. I'm so new to this and would like to learn about some things.
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Re: Help on bagging 67swb chevy.

If you take the time to do a little searching, you can find all the info you need. Here is a good place to start Thread

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
The Big Green

LOL, is that from my old tread? Anyways, I have done some research, but you can't do too much research. I couldn't find the RE-7's at SuicideDoors? Also, I was asking what brand and size parts I need to be fast going up and airing tank up. If I buy the parts not knowing, I may get something I don't need or thats not good enough, it will be hit and miss for me on this stuff.

Last edited by The Big Green; 07-15-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
moedaman

Smile Re: Help on bagging 67swb chevy.

Have you thought about a engine driven conpressor?
moedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
lowriden58

Ok for the RE7's they are the Slam Specialty 7" bag. if you goto SSD's site click on Airbags, then Slam Specialty its the first icon RE 200PSI single port. they will be 1/2" port bags. now if you want it fast on lifting i suggest 1/2" DOT line, SMC 1/2" valves. Compressors are the heart of the system, if you want to play with the "switches" alot you need a good compressor or compressor's. I suggest multiple Viair 480c's. if you do the 8gallon tank they offer 2- 480 compressors should be fine with most people. i can tell you that with a 12gal tank and 4-480s it was just barely enough to make me happy

Also make sure to run a good Pressure switch, remember more PSI means the faster it will raise but you dont need too much or it will be hopping all over for a good kit that will be what your looking for i suggest calling Suicidedoors and talk to Jeremy, tell him what your needs are and what you have to work with. They are great guys and ive been dealing with them since they first opened up

below is just to show you my other hobby besides 67-72s

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg

Last edited by lowriden58; 07-15-2008 at 06:55 PM.
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #6
myoldchevytruck
Retired Air Force Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Green View Post
I know I want to buy from SuicideDoors. I want the Slam RE7's,7gal tank, and 1/2in lines. I not so sure on the rest. I don't want a 4link or anything, just a budget setup for now but something I can keep upgrading. I want the rear bags to go in place of the coils, with a notch. I don't want to upgrade everything later, so I want the bags, tank, and compressor the be done with for a while.

Any suggestions on other parts that would be good? A 7gal tank that could mount under the bed and out of sight? Good compressor, Viair maybe, but which one with the line and tank it make it come up fast. I'm so new to this and would like to learn about some things.
Don't forget a Shock Relocator Kit, of coarse Drop Shocks and a Super Track Bar. These kits come complete. I suggest buying these parts from ECE. The rest of your setup, go with *****************. Lowriden58 has some great suggestions. Post some progress pics.
Swap 6 Lug to 5 Lug (w/ Disk Brakes in Front)
3/6 Drop

Help Support The Board
Click Here For Information On How To Subscribe

Krue's FAQ Page

Vendors

Last edited by myoldchevytruck; 07-15-2008 at 07:11 PM.
myoldchevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
The Big Green

I'll post pics, but I'll be painting first and bagging over winter probably. It will be slow on biulding it. I have 5 other projects I'm working on, 1 ones done...lol...2 are new but not good enough, and my S-10 needs tubbed.

Also, I told you guys I'm new to this, but atleast I know the RE200's are the bag I need. I'll be doing a budget drop, but if I could use a couple Viairs, if I get 1 then I can get another later if its not fast enough for me. I want the right parts and ones I can add another. I'll look into shock relocators also.

Thanks guys, 1 more question? Do they take IOU's