The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Custom 73-87 firewall fuse box cover

I re-made one of these for my '73 this past week, a slightly better one I will be happier with on the truck. Like the speaker brackets I make, it was the same price for me...whether I only made the one I needed, or 10 total. These bolt to your firewall using the two existing holes for your current/factory fusebox. It is a simple 4" x 4" x 2.5" box, welded on all four corners, CNC cut on 16 ga metal. All these need is to have the welds sanded smooth, the box slightly notched to clear your wiper motor, an opening cut out to allow the wiring to exit, and paint (body color would work/look best IMO)...all easy things to do, but I wanted that done by the owner as I am unsure if all wiper motors are the same, and if all wiring exits the same between the years. Comes with all mounting hardware as well. I only have 9 of these, when they are gone, they are gone. $45 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states. Pictures are of my first box installed on my '73. The new boxes look identical, but these boxes are bent nicer, welds are better, and they are cut cleaner. PM me or reply here if interested. I'll get pics of the new boxes this weekend.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigblock73; 02-27-2010 at 12:23 AM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote