The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
SOON2BLAZE
Account Suspended

Project Murphy's Law

About time I get off my can and start a build. Bought this clean one owner 72 2wd blazer almost 5 years ago and used it as a DD for a year and a half till a quick motor change sidelined me. Had a 350 sm465 combo that leaked and the 3.73 were burned up. I've always liked 292's so after traiding a guy for his running 67 292 and starting to collect parts, found out the head was cracked. During the time I was looking for a replacement my house was flooded by lack of storm drains in my area and the 292 on the garage floor ended up with water in it. Blazer on hold for complete home remodel! A year and a half later I scored a sweet 454 with 4k on it. Hooked it up to a E bay A833 4speed I had rebuilt. Easy way to get overdrive and keep the third pedal. Half cab is something I had a local clown make after hearing good (and untrue) things about his work. Gave him a MTP half cab I bought from a board member and a 67 C-50 cab top and asked him to make it fit the same. Requested that it be painted white after he was done with the metal work. Gave him the blazer for 2 weeks so it would fit right. Dropped by his shop to give him a new seal for the top of the windshield frame and found his kid out in the dirt primering my blazer. "my dad said you wanted it painted white". WTF!!!!!!!!!This explains the stripe of med bronze paint where the trim was. Since no prep work was done I wondered if I could use a pressure washer to remove the primer. We'll see this week, maybe. Things I've done so far:

67 gmc front clip , New fender when it's paint time, gmc tailgait,
454 and the NP A833, new plugs, wires, hoses fluids, carb rebuild, 105 amp alternator, POL engine mounts, Flex a lite dual puller fans, 1 piece aluminum drive shaft, ECE 4/6 drop, ford 9" with disc brakes from a Lincoln Mark V, new richmond 3.50 gears, bearing and seals. Front and rear braided brake hoses, ccp disc/disc valve, drilled and vented rotors in front, all new front suspension components, added a lower front sway bar kit, energy suspension body mounts. Buddy buckets, 67 biscayne steering wheel with a 67 gmc horn button, moon eyes tac (new gauges soon!) new tires on van ralleys and had back line -x'd. Dropped the gas tank and POR'd it (clean inside!) headlight harness for more light, Porter built trailing arm cross member (do not attempt with body on frame with dropped blazer!) Pace Edwards roll top toneau cut down from a swb kit. Lots of other little things I'm sure.

Next few weeks:
2.5 exhaust with H pipe and flowmaster 50's this week!
ECE trans cross member before exhaust , not necessary, but it'd be cooler
Register with orignal 1973 utah plates that were on it when I bought it.
New gas lines, rebuild and paint van tilt, fill and paint steering wheel, hell I might just paint the whole interior while I'm at it.
Pop up motorcycle type gas cap to replace that monster thats sticking out now.

Long way off: body work ( inner/ out rockers, floor pans and area between doors and rear wheel) have the parts but suck at body work,
at least the windshild frame and rockers are solid!
paint
nice wheels and rims
FRAME OFF*** I JUST WANT TO DRIVE IT FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st pic: Brought my son home day after he was born, 2nd pic :my son now
Attached Images

Last edited by SOON2BLAZE; 04-24-2015 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spellin
SOON2BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote