The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
blime81
Laid Lo

Project "Never Done"

So I'm building on a 72 Chevy C10, LWB, leafsprings, HD rear, 350, 4 speed.

A little history first:

I bought my Truck when I was 17. I'm now 29. I drove it to high school, hauled wood, gravel and delivered pizzas in it. I spent my first couple years in the Corps using it a DD.

I got into Jeeps and offroad stuff and the truck just sorta lingered. I'd drive it every now and again and do a little fixing on it every now and again but nothing wild.

I spent a lot of time deployed to far off lands so I have plenty of time for reading, researching and generally daydreaming about different things I'd like to do.

Fast forward a bit and it has become project #1.

Thought I outta finally make build thread. (while my post count doesn't agree I first found this site in 2001 when I first got the "internet" lol)

Here goes:
Here is how she looked when I decided to really DO something. This was about Feb 2010. Camaro seats and a stinkbug stance.

Those seats gotta go. 2001 Silverado seats. Pushed the column in a bit and good to go. I freshened up the rest interior a while back.

Time to jack it up and tear off all the old stuff.

Get some new stuff.

Went with SD upper plates and 2600 bags. Then I figured what the heck and decided to get the modular spindles and lower tube arms from CPP as well. While I was at it I went for the HD sway bar too.

Removed inner fenders. Now we are where we should be (short of a drop member )

Needed some air to run those bags and since I was savvy with Yorks from the 4x4 world I figured I might as well fab a bracket. You can see my thread about this here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4121226

Well with the front low it made the "stink bug look" even worse. Time for the back. Those rivets are a *****!

Went ahead and did a little POR 15 since my parts aren't here.
'07 Sand Rail - ecotec powered
'05 2500HD - tows stuff
'67 VW Bug - gas saver
'01 Jeep TJ - rock crawler
blime81 is offline   Reply With Quote