The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
bigjohn80

nv4500 AA conversion questions

Hey folks, i have a 71 k10 lwb 350/th-350/10 spline 205 t-case, 4" lift 35" tires. I am planning for a nv4500 swap this summer. I have found a lot of useful info through the search, although i still have a few questions. I have been looking into the AA conversion kit but i was wondering if i use the adapter for my original tcase will my driveshaft lengths need to be changed? Will i need a different trans tunnel hump? They have a bellhousing that allows use of an original mechanical clutch and one for a hydraulic setup, what are the pros and cons to mechanical versus hydraulic. Which t cases are simple bolt on options and if there are any will my driveshafts hook up and if not do they make adapters for this. This is my first chevy, and I must admit I am enjoying the old truck. I intend to completely replace the drive train in this truck the nv 4500, 1 ton axles with 4.10's and the old engine is gettin pretty tired its a 350 stock with double hump heads if any of yal fellas got ideas on a good direction to go with this engine lemme know.

thanks
Big John
bigjohn80 is offline   Reply With Quote