The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
bikes&bowties

1984 Chevy Crewcab 4x4 Conversion build

I got the truck in August 2010 and this first post stuff all happened between then and June 2011 when I threw it together to drive when my car got stolen from the highschool parking lot.

It started like this, low and long

First thing I did was take off the bed which was straight compared what most have but I had a nearly perfect one to put on. I removed all the unneeded brackets and paint the frame from the cab back.

This is after the front axle came but it shows it just as well...

So next came the 4x4 conversion. The first time tearing out the front end was way harder than the last 2 I've done lol.

I needed a crossmember so I made one out of te farms ample supply of angle iron. Not great but my first fabrication challenge that had to line up perfect lol. Cost=free

After that came the disk brakes in the rear. They are great!

I then traded my dirtbike for some 37 inch BFG KM2's and $400 cash. The cash was in my car the next morning to take to the bank. But my car was stolen along with the cash (wheel money).

You can see the tires teasing me:/ and I trimmed the fenders. Driver side was smooshed and I liked the look.

So after doing lots of little **** I got it together and ordered some soft 8 wheels.

Posted via Mobile Device
bikes&bowties is offline   Reply With Quote