The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
william-theglassman

Re: serious windshield gasket problem. anyone else have this problem?

its possible they didnt slip the antenna wire into its connection .seen that a lot.the self locking gasket is not better or worse than the insert one . just a little harder to use . it is for the early squares .73 and up .i couldnt tell you what year they were changed to lace ups. once installed one is as good as the other as far as looks ,and sealing up.a lot of folks like the chrome strip insert , i dont because the chrome always fades and ckacks up over a short peroid of time.i put a self locking one on my dads 74 .i had it laying around the shop for years and my supplier forgot to send me the other type so i made it work.i am not bragging or trying todiminish anyone else skill but i did it in about an hour by myself. they are not that big a deal. i will be doing one with the insert on a friends truck when he paints it soon .i will take some pics of the removal and reinstal and put them up .
william-theglassman is offline   Reply With Quote