The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Skips

Lowering A 69 C10 on the Cheap (possibly)

If you can wait a few weeks, I have been doing a bunch of homework on springs and shocks to lower my 69 C10 a few inches. I may have possibly reached the end of the internet a few years ago when I was home sick from work. In doing so I found most manufacturers post the specs of their products online, but its usually hidden kinda deep in their websites. With the prices these companies are charging for lowering kits, I assumed they were too cheap to have gone to a company and had an engineer figure it out, and have special springs/shocks made. For the springs, I googled moog factory springs, got the part numbers. front and rear from Summit's website. Then I went to Moog's website where they have put every spring they make with dimensions, part numbers, load ratings etc. and I looked for similar specs but with a shorter overall install height. I did the same for the shocks. I ordered the parts today from Rockauto at a cost of $238 shipped to Rochester,NY which was for springs and shocks for both front and rear. I hope to get them by next week and install them, to give you guys the results, and part numbers. I'll also let you know if it was a complete fail, it wouldn't be the first time, but somebody has to figure this stuff out.
Skips is offline   Reply With Quote