The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #1
CarterD2015

Should I buy this?

I was looking for some parts for my 68 and ran across this truck. It does not have a title but the owner referred me to a title company here in tx. Both the owner and title company say that it will be no problem getting a title. I thought about buying it for parts.

The truck has original paint, and the bed and front clip are in good shape. The doors open and close easily. It appears mostly complete including 3 of 4 hubcaps. The owner says that it has 51k miles on it.

The cab is a non-ac cab and has the usual rust in the rockers, cab floor near the rockers and cab corners. The motor and transmission are both missing. The bench seat cover and foam is in poor condition.

I think that it will make a great parts truck but I also think it would be cool to replace the motor and transmission, fix the rust, put some wheels and tires on, and drive the heck out of it.

What do you guys think?
Attached Images

CarterD2015 is offline   Reply With Quote