The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #1
Dan-o

Adapt tr6060 to 292ci I6 with 6 speed on the tree

My truck has a fresh built 292, factory 3 speed on the column shifter. I acquired a TR6060 from a 2010 camaro. It needs 2nd and 4th gear syncros. that I can do myself no problem.

My goal is to adapt the TR6060 to my 292. From my research the current bell housing is specific to the camaro. the bell housing and "front cover" of the transmission are one piece. So I will have to find a diffrent front cover and an adaptable bell housing to a SBC type bolt pattern. before I stick too much money into this project I want to make sure I can sucessfully adapt it to my 292.

Does anyone know for a fact what front cover for the trans I should be looking for? would one from a ls style t-56 work? Keep in mind the tr6060 does have an oil pump and oil cooler.

I'm also aware of the fact this is a flange style output shaft not a slip yoke type. So I will either have to convert it to slip yoke or get a driveshaft with a special extending joint. (not sure of the technical term) I'm also aware I will need to do extensive modifications to my floor.

If all this is feasible I would love to make this a column type shift.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote