The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
panhead59

Lowering ?

What's best, as in cost and performance, for obtaining a 4/6" drop? Background info- 1968 swb, 350ci, original 3-speed on column ( not hot rodding it- for now) stock rearend. Doing a pretty complete (meaning doing everything but taking the cab completely off the frame, but will replace rubber cab mounts/bushings) restoration but want it lowered. I am doing spindles w/disc brakes and new "power" master clylinder. Obviously not concerned about keeping the stock "look". Will get new wheels with correct backspacing down the road toward end of build. So- most here agree that a c-notch is not absolutely (or at all) nessisary ( where the heck is spell check ?!!!!!). I will most likely go with one of those kits that has ball joints, tie rod ends etc. Plus I might as well go with springs and shocks to complete the front end. So the question seems to boil down to this- 4" drop spindles on front or should I mix/match the spindle drop with a shorter spring ? Just guessing I would say WHY? - Just do the 4" drop spindle, use stock spring and shock and be done with it. Correct logic ,or not ? Thanks for any relies!!!!
panhead59 is offline   Reply With Quote