The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #11
6600DURAMAX

Re: Project "CREWMAX" Just another crewcab build....

Man its been a long time guys............ BUT good news - project is back on the front burner. Body shop is doing their thing and I am starting to gather parts again.

Just picked up a 2005 Ford F250 complete with Dana 60 front, coil springs etc.....

PROBLEM - Where we left off above was frame selection - I couldn't make up my mind and was concerned with using a 1/2 ton frame -

SOLUTION - I picked up a 72 Chevy C-30 Cab and Chassis

NEW PROBLEM - As SSTIM pointed out the frame does not drop back down and is 2'' higher where the bed mounts vs. 1/2-3/4 ton frame. This would result in raising the cab mounts or a bod lift - I AM OPPOSED TO THIS AS I REALLY DONT WANT TO SHOW MORE FRAME THAN NECCESSARY.

SOLUTION - Use the c-30 cab and chassis frame I have, shorten in the middle (flat section). THEN - cut 2'' out of the rear top frame section and box that back in with a C -Channel

Someone shoot holes in this plan or give me your thoughts. I am open to suggestions. I really just figured all this out this morning and am still pondering other ideas.
Attached Images

1971 CREWMAX Build.....at body shop for couple more years
6600DURAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote